Copy text below and paste into your favorite word program.
Sizes and Materials List
Size: <list sizes>
Hook(s): US x/x (xx mm)
Yarn: <Manufacturer> <Yarn name> [<content>, xx yds/xx g skein/ball]
Colors & Approx Yardage: <color>, xx yds
Notions: Yarn needle, <other notions if needed>
Gauge: xx sts and xx rows = 4”/10 cm
Skill Level: See http://www.yarnstandards.com/skill.html for details
<Note title>: text
Stitches used: list stitches used from simple to more detailed.
Slip Stitch (sl st)
Single Crochet (sc)
Half-Double Crochet (hdc)
Double Crochet (dc)
Abbreviations used: list abbreviations in alphabetical order.
Stitch(es) (st / sts)
Yarn Over (yo)
Special stitches: list any special stitches with instructions, remove section if no special stitches used. Please do not include instructions for special stitches in the pattern itself. Instead, put them here and refer to them in the pattern as needed.
Stitch name (abbr) – instructions
- Gauge should be shown in increments of 4”, 2” minimum, list pattern for gauge, i.e., 24 sc and 22 rows = 4”/10 cm
- See current patterns for examples of wording for stitches, etc.
- Add stitch counts at end of each round or row unless they are exactly the same throughout, then just list stitch count on first row.
- Put starting ch and turn at the beginning of each row, for example, Ch 2, turn, dc in next st, …
- For repeating sections, place between asterisks, i.e., *dc in next 4 dc, sk 2 dc,* repeat from * to * 4 times; and not [dc in next 4 dc, sk 2 dc], repeat 5 times.
- Have your pattern tested by friends or ask for testers in the Ravelry testing forum.
- Insert images as needed within text.
Section name, i.e., cap base, toe, bodice, etc.
Base chain: Ch xx.
Row or Round 1: Instructions. (xx sts)
Row or Round 2: Instructions
Section name, i.e., cap ruffle, heel, left sleeve, etc.
Row or Round xx: Insructions
Continue adding sections and instructions as needed.
Weave in ends. <any other instructions>. Wash and block as needed.
Pattern and photos © <name>, <company if applicable>
Photos by <name> (if photos not by designer, remove “and photos” from previous line)
Modeled by <name> (remove if item not modeled by an individual)